Thursday, June 14, 2007

just checking in

I'm supposed to be going to bed now, and I really need sleep, but then I noticed the link to my blog in my bookmarks, and I remembered that I haven't written anything here in a while. I've been getting through the cold, and it was indeed nasty. It's not over, but the unpleasant fever bit is, and now it's just collateral types of stuff, like congestion and weird inner- or middle-ear fluid/balance/hearing issues. Yeah. Too much information. Sorry about that!

I just figured out my estimated taxes. I was going to write about it, and in fact did write about it, but then I realized that I don't want that much information about me out there on the web where anyone can read it. So I'll leave it at that.

But that doesn't mean I'm done. I watched "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" the movie the other night. I figured that if I was going to be all into the tv series, then I had better watch the movie that it is based on. Boy, was it dumb. Not unpleasant, but dumb. I'm glad it's over. Last night, I watched "Notes on a Scandal." Boy, was it good! Really good. Judi Dench and Cate Blanchett and others. They're great! Judi Dench is amazing. Good story. Disturbing. But good. As for Buffy, stick with the TV series - it's good and the movie is not. I think most other people in the world already realized that, but I'm slow.

1 comment:

becky said...

Hey man, yeah, I know whatcha mean about typin' out stuff and then erasing it cuz it's like, wait, I dunno if I want everybody in the world to see it and stuff. I ain't seen the Buffy movie, but yeah, Notes on a Scandal was really good! Whoever wrote it REALLY knows their Axis II psychopathology stuff! Man!