Monday, March 26, 2007

scary credit things

I was going to write about how I find it hard to think and do work while wearing shoes, but the letter I got in the mail today has scared that thought right out of me. I got a letter from a bank saying that they are denying me credit, but I haven't applied for any! Certainly not from that bank. And the credit report people say that I haven't been denied any credit recently. So someone is scamming me, and I'm not happy about it. In fact, I am pissed. And neither the bank nor their financial services group (or maybe it was the financial services group of this other company that went through the bank) (that company is a well-known computer company from which I recently bought a computer - evil evil evil) make it at all easy to contact them unless you are asking for a loan or buying a computer and the point is that I am doing neither. The computer company called me a couple of weeks ago asking if I wanted to buy the computer that I had ordered (twice) (they called me twice), and I told them that I already had my computer (and am typing on it now). Maybe this is part of that. So now I have to call them, but that is not easy. We all know about calling customer service at computer companies and how horrible it is. Crap. Evil evil evil!

3 comments:

Kenny P. said...

Technology makes life so much EASIER doesn't it?

becky said...

Wow, that letter would've scared the SHIT out of me! Shit, dude. That's cool you were able to run it by the credit people and stuff, cuz I'd've been too freaked out to do that, even.

rbuchanan said...

How do I respond to a comment? dang. Technology - it's just peachy. And yeah, the letter freaked me out. And then I got angry. Stupid computer company. And stupid bank.