Saturday, July 14, 2007

ghost gas - is it there or not?

Did you hear about ghost gas? Apparently, if you pump gas when it is really got out, you get less gas for your money because the hot temperature makes the gas expand. You can pump the same volume but get less overall, because it contracts again when the weather cools down. So you should buy gas when it is cool out, like at night or early in the morning, to save yourself some money. I did not know this. Here is a story on NPR about it.

Here are some questions for you, in case you want to ponder something and are at a loss: Which is more important, liberty or equality? And which makes a person good or bad, their intentions or their actions? Or does that question completely miss the point?

3 comments:

becky said...

Lemme think on those questions. Hmmm. Intentions or actions, wow. I mean, if someone go around killing people accidentally, wow, that person might not be mean or bad, but I wouldn't wanna invite 'em over to dinner neither. Lemme give that some thought, yeah.

katiebird said...

I'm trying to leave a comment...but I cannot log in!

katiebird said...

D'you mean, say, if you are intending to do something bad but mess it up and wind up doing something good, does that make you good or bad? I think that's a classic ethical and legal question. One that leads to some hair-splitting, in fact. I don't think it misses the point but I think it's a little too global, phrased that way.

Liberty or equality...equality of what? Equality of, say, opportunity or rights means little without liberty.