Thursday, July 19, 2007

Harry Potter people!

Go here and listen to Becky P's Harry Potter songs!

Of course, one of my two readers is Becky P, but the other one (Jenny!) should go to that there link and listen to her songs. They're good! And Becky's band (Knockturn Alley) has a gig tomorrow night at a Harry Potter party! Yay! Good luck, Becky!!! oops, I mean, break a guitar string and all sorts of other horrible things. yeah.

And while you all wait for your book, do NOT read the paper or even talk to your friends, because (1) there are REVIEWS of the book in the papers (they got advance copies, the bastards), and (2) your friends will tell you the upshot of the review, thereby telling you something about the book, even as you yell at them to SHUT THE FUCK UP because you don't want to know ANYTHING about the book until you, yourself, have had a chance to read it. Yes, my friend (more like a coworker, the git) told me the upshot of the Seattle Times' review, and I want to hurt him. He wouldn't stop, even thought I told him to stop telling me about it. He kept saying, "I'm not telling you anything," and then he told me things. It makes me wonder about him. Usually a good guy, but gee. He thinks that he told me nothing about the book, but now I have somebody's value judgment about it, so now I know something about it, and I HATE THAT! I don't want anybody else's judgment about books or movies or songs or anything before I experience them myself, especially the eagerly anticipated ones like this one. If it is something that I have never heard of before, that's okay. Like someone saying, "Have you heard of "FTBWBWUUUBSBZZZZZZZ"? No? Go read it! It's the best thing EVER!!!") That would be okay. Other friends lend me books and tell me at the same time, "It was pretty good. Kind of soupy. The end was bad. But here you go, you can have it!!!" Gee, thanks. So, no comments on HP of any sort, not even the sort that say, "Hey, did you know it's a book?" Yes, I did. "Did you know that someone scanned some pages online?" Yes, I did. They are bastards. The media are bastards. My friend had a moment of bastardity this morning, and I am the one to pay.

2 comments:

CMadren said...

Ha! Just today, my editor says, "we need a review for this week's paper — do we know anyone who's read the new Harry Potter book?" :)

I haven't read any of the series yet but would like to!

becky said...

Hey, man, thanks for the link! You, like, totally ROCK!!!!