Monday, November 5, 2007

not much to say

It's Monday, and I had forgotten that I had a blog. So sad. Poor little neglected blog. I have nothing very interesting to say. I am trying to stick to the Weight Watchers thing, and my motivation goes up and down. I couldn't exercise this weekend because I have a sore leg muscle (the same muscle that marked the beginning of the end of my productive time at the gym, though there have been many since then), and I had bad cramps and all the things they entail.

I dream of cake and cookies and things like that. I dream that I am making them, or that they are just here and I will get to eat them. I never actually do eat them in my dreams, but I look forward to it. It's odd, because in real life I would not have had cake since I started at WW, and I may or may not have made cookies. Probably not, but maybe. And it's not as if I have sworn off them forever. I intend to have some at the right time, and other yummy things, too. And I have apple cranberry crisp in my fridge right now (and am not eating it right now, amazingly - we'll see how long that lasts!). When I first got my nut allergy, I dreamt about nuts. Mostly I dreamt about eating them and then freaking out, whereas the cake dreams are about the anticipation. And they are beautiful cakes, too. And I am looking forward to Mom's birthday cake, which was featured in last night's dream. I would never dream (ha!) of foregoing that cake. But I wonder if I am mourning cake and cookies. Actually, it's mostly cake. Cake that I get maybe two or three times a year - it hasn't been a big part of my diet. I should be mourning cookie dough, but I guess I haven't really given that up. Weird.

I also dreamed about upside-down six-gilled sharks and humpback whales and orcas and things like that, right outside the little dinghy I was riding in. Very exciting!

Mom and Dad are leaving for Italy tomorrow, so now I will be nervous until I hear that they are safely at home again. Someone said that worrying was the one kind of prayer he approved of. Who was that?

3 comments:

becky said...

Hey, yeah, you could not eat, say for example, macaroni and cheese for a year and not notice it, but as soon as a doctor or something sez you cain't have it, then you really want it. Or, like, when a doctor sez to fast the night before a procedure (starting at, say midnight); you probably wouldn't even think about eatin' at that time, anyway, but not bein' allowed somehow makes ya miss it even more. Those cake-dreams sound nice.

CMadren said...

I know it's not the same, but I recently had some oatmeal cookies made with applesauce instead of sugar, and were actually quite tasty!

Cake dreams do sound nice — is that like visions of sugarplums dancing in your head? :)

rbuchanan said...

Yes, the dreams were nice. The first one featured a large coconut cake that you, Carrie, would have loved. I was looking forward to it. Sugarplums and macaroni and cheese will be next!