Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Bob came, saw, and conquered

Bob was here today. He drove up and down the street, looking for my apartment, unable to find it because no one can find it. I feel that I am safe from potential stalkers, unless they follow me home. Unlikely. Anyway, I looked out the window and saw a large man in a red minivan driving slowly past my window, with a look of exasperation on his face. He drove by again (and about 20 middle-aged to elderly adults walked by - what was that about? 10:15 on a Wednesday morning?! The idea!). So I went outside and saw him parked where everyone parks after trying twice to locate my apartment, and we shared a chuckle about being lost, and he came and put my Nerka (that's my computer's name) back together, with a new power supply. He made sure everything worked, and then he left, taking the old power supply with him. Now that's service. He says that next time, I can call him before calling Dell, and maybe he will be able to help so I can avoid dealing with Dell. Isn't that nice? I like Bob.

But I still dislike Dell.

Then I went to work, where I got next to nothing done because my back muscles have chosen this week to spasm like it's there last chance ever to do so (I wish) (maybe - maybe not - there are unpleasant alternatives to both a long life with spasming back muscles and a long life with non-spasming back muscles), so I mostly sat in my chair in weird positions and thought longingly of the floor. Sometimes I just gave up and laid on the floor, which helped, but didn't quite do the job. If I knew what I did to start this all off, I promise I would never do it again. I hope it wasn't singing Carmina Burana 5 times last weekend, because I'm signed up to do it twice more this weekend. Wafna! (I'm behind the wheel, first row, just to the left of center in that picture. I think - that picture is from 2004, but it looks the same as last weekend.)

I took a personality test just now, the Jung & Enneagram Test, courtesy of my sister who has a knack for finding these things. I am INTP, 9, and sp/so/sx. I'll try posting my results here, see if it works:
INTP - "Architect". Greatest precision in thought and language. Can readily discern contradictions and inconsistencies. The world exists primarily to be understood. 3.3% of total population.
Take Free Jung Personality Test
personality tests by similarminds.com


Cool. Here's more:


Enneagram Test Results
Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||| 40%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||| 43%
Type 3 Image Awareness |||||| 26%
Type 4 Sensitivity |||||||||| 40%
Type 5 Detachment |||||||||||| 50%
Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||| 46%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||| 20%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||| 20%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||| 53%
Your main type is 9
Your variant is self pres
Take Free Enneagram Personality Test
personality tests by similarminds.com


I think I have been INTP before. But I read more about type 9, and that really does not sound like me. Not at all. So forget that.

Yay, my computer works!

1 comment:

becky said...

Hmmm, should I try it? Hmmmmmm. Too much to do today, but I will, I WILL (I've always wondered what kind of, um, Jungian type I am). I think I'm introverted, and um, I dunno if I'm more intuitive or the other thing on that dimension. Feelingful. I'm feelingful. I think I'm analytic. I think I'm just starting to make up stuff now.